Thursday, February 17, 2011

Don't Get Down, Grilled Chicken-Pineapple, Become a Runner


Tip of the Day: Don't get down


I know I always say not to cheat and not to give into your cravings, but it's not always that easy for some people. It can be a lot easier said than done. So on those days you are totally craving some chocolate and you have a tiny piece, don't get so down on yourself! I have to admit that I need to use my own advice. If I have even the tiniest piece of candy during the week (I allow myself to cheat on the weekend when I work hard through out the week) and I get to my weigh in day on Friday to see that I've gained a pound or haven't lost at all, I blame it all on that tiny piece of candy. If I hadn't have eaten it I would have lost 2 pounds! It doesn't quite work that way, I know. But I can't help beating myself up about it. You need to live a little! I'm not saying to go binge on krispy kremes. But if you do happen to have a craving that just won't go away by drinking water, chewing gum, or waiting a half hour, just have a tiny piece of that craving-it is not going to ruine everything! Chances are you'll feel guilty after that little piece and you won't feel like you need anymore. Just don't totally sink into a depression if you need to give in a little. Sure you may want to lose weight, but being happier is so much more important.


Healthy Recipe: Grilled Chicken w/ Pineapple


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 oz each)

4 pineapple slices (1/2-inch thick)

1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, or 1 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced

Teriyaki sauce

4 slices Swiss cheese

4 whole-wheat kaiser rolls

1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced


1 Combine chicken and enough teriyaki sauce to cover it in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.


2 Heat a grill until hot (you shouldn't be able to hold your hand above the grates for more than 5 seconds). Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill; discard any remaining marinade. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flip, and immediately add cheese to each breast. Continue cooking until cheese is melted and chicken is lightly charred and firm to the touch. Remove from grill; set aside.


3 While chicken rests, add pineapple and rolls to the grill. Cook rolls until they're lightly toasted, and pineapple slices until they're soft and caramelized, about 2 minutes per side. Top each roll with chicken, pineapple, red onion, and jalapeno slices. If you like, drizzle chicken with a bit more teriyaki sauce.


Only 387 calories per serving!

Recipe from women's health



Exercise: Become a Runner


Aren't you jealous of that person on the treadmill in front of you who can just keep running for a half hour without stopping once to catch their breathe? Well, that can be you! Remember my post about interval training a while back? Just incorporate it into your running along with your strength training workout and you'll be a runner in no time! I'm actually going to be doing this exact workout routine now that the weather has gotten nicer...I can't wait!




It's a 6 week program, and on Tuesday/Thursdays just do your own strength training workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment